✓ Watanabe Risa and the reason why she still stands on the stage (Yahoo! Japan interview 13th April 2019) New!

AKB48 Daily News Content. The Real AKB48 Daily

✓ Watanabe Risa and the reason why she still stands on the stage (Yahoo! Japan interview 13th April 2019) New!

  Serizawa      
✓ “I never really thought that I want to come up front” “I don’t think that I am the greedy type” -- Keyakizaka46’s Watanabe Risa (20 years old) modestly self analyze herself. Watanabe works not only as a prominent member of Keyakizaka46, but also as an exclusive model for fashion magazine “nonno”. In the magazine’s May issue, she was chosen for the cover and is gaining support from the readers.

And yet Watanabe says that since she was a child, she was bad at standing in front of people. Why did she choose to be an Idol, why did she continue to sing and dance in front of thousands of people?

I never thought that “I want to be famous”


"I never thought of “I want to be famous”. To think that I am working as a member of Keyakizaka46 surprised me too. It is a different future than the one I had in mind when I was a child."

Keyakizaka46 was born in 2015 as a “New Project from Nogizaka46”. Watanabe Risa started her activity as one of the starting members, and currently entering her 5th year. She is placed in an important position next to the Center, Hirate Yurina, in 2nd single “Sekai ni wa Ai shika inai” and 7th single “Ambivalent”. In “CDTV Special! New Year Premier Live” that aired on 1st January this year, she served as the Center in place of Hirate who took a break due to injury, she also plays the role as one of the faces of the group.

There are countless girls who have dreamed of becoming a Center that stood in a spotlight and walk into the idol world. However, Watanabe is not one of them.

“I’m not the type of person who wants to come up front, I thought “I can’t do that. That’s scary”. Because I’m like that, there might be people who question if I’m doing this seriously (bitter laugh)”.

Watanabe, who is extremely shy, is bad at standing out since she was a child. The future dream she dreamed of was to become a nursery teacher. She was thinking of continuing her study to gain a child care certification until she joined Keyakizaka46 in the 2nd year of high school, and she didn’t think of anything else but that. She received a great impression when she was taking care of a child.

“Me, who is shy is able to start a conversation with a child. Playing a game of tag outside or folding origami inside a room healed my heart.”

However, after passing the “Nogizaka46’s New Project” audition that she applied in with the aim of “Making a summer memory”, her life have turned into an unexpected direction. “I never expected that I would pass. I don’t think that I suit to become an Idol” Watanabe recalls.



I don’t think that I am the greedy type.


Watanabe who is not good at standing out, entered the Idol world that she never yearned to be in. If you think about it, it’s clearly a mismatch. In the first place, there is a lot of confusion thinking that handshake event frequently happened-- an event where they can meet and talk with fans directly. However, Watanabe said that fans are the one who wiped out her negative emotions. The fans reached out to her, and when she realized, she becomes able to start one a conversation herself.

“I don’t make a particular effort in overcoming my shyness. I think that I am still a shy person even now, I’m also not aware that I have changed. If I change, I think that it is something natural that comes from experiencing various things.”

In addition to the outdoor live “Republic of Keyaki 2018” that collected 45.000 people in 3 days, she has experienced many different stages. Even now she doesn’t really have the desire to “stand out”, but a new feeling was born.

“I am still bad at doing something in front of a lot of people, and sometimes I feel discouraged to stand out. The rehearsal for a live performance is really tough, but the feeling of accomplishment after it finished is big and make you think “It was fun!”. The more I do, the more I feel at ease and confident. Now I am able to enjoy it.”

Even so, Watanabe once again say that she never made any particular effort to change herself.

“Of course, I think that it’d be great if I am able to make more remarks when I am appearing on a variety show, I think that that is my current challenge. But, I think that I am not the greedy type. I am happy if fans can come to like me the way I am. In the past year, I have gained confidence and come to think that “I want to be me”.”



I can smile like this


Nogizaka46’s Shiraishi Mai’s 2nd photo book “Passport” has been reprinted, and now it has exceeded 350.000 copies in circulation. Nogizaka46’s Ikuta Erika’s 2nd photobook ”Intermission” has created some kind of a “boom” in Idol photo books, reaching 300.000 copies.

And as a part of the same Sakamichi Series, Keyakizaka’s Watanabe Risa’s first photobook “Mukuchi” will be on sale 10th of this month. With 130.000 first press copy, it becomes the largest starting number for a first photo book in the history of Sakamichi Series.

“The title “Mukuchi (Silent)” is very me, I like it. I think that people will think that there will be many cool pictures because of the title, and in a good sense will be surprised to see a lot of pop and colorful pictures in it.”

As the title suggested, Watanabe has the character that doesn’t talk much, and have been described as “cool” in variety programs as well. However, her photobook was taken under the bright sun of Miami in America. The number of smiles that can be seen is far from “Cool”, and may give an unexpected impression.

“Personally, I always thought that a cool expression is easier to do in a photo shoot, so I also made a discovery that “Oh, I can smile like this”. In particular, the part where I was having fun in a game center. In a good way, I didn’t have consciousness of the camera and was having fun like I went out with a friend. I hope that you can pay attention to that part, and I’d be glad if I am able to say ‘There is also this side of me’.”

And so says Watanabe, who is bad at standing out. Did she have the feeling of “I don’t deserve this” when her first solo photobook was released?

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have that feeling, and I also had the feeling of wondering whether there are people who want to see it or not. But, I have always received comments of asking me to release a photobook from fans who attended the handshake event. When it was decided that I will be releasing a photobook, I thought that I can finally give something back to them (fans). This “Mukuchi” is filled with my feeling of “repayment” to the fans who have supported me.”



I don’t think that I suit it, but I do feel proud


Keyakizaka46, to which Watanabe belongs to, is currently facing a turning point. Her fellow 1st generation members have started graduating from the group, and nine 2nd generation members who passed the auditioned joined in last November, and the composition of the members have significantly changed.

What kind of chemistry will appear with the addition of new members?-- Some 2nd generation members, such as Seki Yumiko and Matsuda Rina, have expressed uneasiness, saying “We (2nd generation) are worried whether the fans will be able to accept us”.

With a gentle expression, Watanabe said “I want them to not worry about that”.

“We (1st generation) also debuted as “the 2nd part of Sakamichi Series” after Nogizaka46, we felt the same uneasiness. But it is something that is solved with time. 2nd generation entering the group also provide stimuli to the 1st generation, there are many things that I have began to notice. So I hope that we can build a good relationship from now on and that they can liven up Keyakizaka46 as a group even more.”

3 years have passed since she thought that she doesn’t suit to become an Idol. Her “silentness” and shyness doesn’t change since childhood, but she learned of the joy she received from her work, and with more experience, she has grown more confident.

“Even now I still think I don't suit this job (laughs). However, I am proud to be able to experience something that I won’t be able to experience as a normal girl, the letters of support I receive and the people who attended handshake event have become my support. Through my work in “nonno”, there are female readers who imitated my clothes or makeup, telling me that they cut their hair because they admire me, it made me really happy. With that kind of joy, I think that I can continue doing this job.”

----

Watanabe Risa

Born 27th July 1998. Blood type O. Come from Ibaraki. In August 2015, passed the audition for 1st generation of Keyakizaka46. In April 2016, debuted with the single “Silent Majority”. Since then, she is active as a prominent member of the group. Exclusive model for female fashion magazine “nonno”.

----

Translated by toomuchidea
QC by numes
source



Watanabe Risa and the reason why she still stands on the stage (Yahoo! Japan interview 13th April 2019) Salkus Grad Foto Wallpaper MP3 Download Chord Biodata Fakta Profil Pics Gurabia Gravure Facts Eng Sub Blog Translation

Updated!
logoblog

Thanks for reading ✓ Watanabe Risa and the reason why she still stands on the stage (Yahoo! Japan interview 13th April 2019) New!

Previous
« Prev Post

No comments:

Post a Comment